Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Auto Complete in Salesforce

Hi,

In past I have worked on many auto complete for picklist, mainly for look up attributes there are many JavaScript based solution which will give you the solution but there are problems with like if you want to merge two fields like Account Number and Account Name as an option it will be a hard job.

So I have modified a solution I have found on git hub this VF component is very cool and easy to use. Though  you can attach auto complete for the object from out of the box. Please find the attached URL for this 

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=search_enhanced_lookup_enable_autocomplete.htm&language=en_US

Form my knowledge it is applicable for custom objects as well but the link says it is limited to certain object .


But My problem was some what different I have to show other unique attribute along with the Name or any other configurable field  





It will look like above image as soon you select it will fill the target destination field which need to be hidden I have clubbed BillingCity and Name for example 

Total code can be found at 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5TneolnEkocalh6ZHJrdkg2RXc/edit?usp=sharing

I hope this will help many developers like me who are struggling with type ahead :)  

Thanks,
Avijit 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on passing Salesforce AI Associate Certification

  🌟 Motivation to Pursue the Salesforce AI Associate Certification 🌟 The world of technology is in a state of perpetual evolution, and on...